"Where do I find people to invite into free sessions?"
This was one of the questions from a client this week and it reminded me that it's such a common question and so I have answered it in this article for you.
So I am imagining that you want to fill your private programme right now and one of the simplest strategies I know and teach is to invite your ideal clients into free sessions, or what others may call, enrollment conversations.
Common sense says that the more people you speak to, the more likely you are to end up with paying clients. Then the question comes up for so many people, where do I find people to invite into free sessions?
So here are 10 places to get you inspired:
1. Present Clients - you may have clients who are in a group programme or even a private programme that would benefit from the programme you are offering. Never make assumptions that they are done. I have done that too many times and not only lost out on a client, but also let them down by not inviting them in.
2. Past Clients - again you may think they are done, but there is always more to learn or to discover. Again don't make assumptions. Ask them if they fancy a free session and see what happens.
3. Networking Groups - it is more important who we know than what we know. Networking groups are not only prime places to connect and get known for what we do and bring in new clients, but also fabulous for meeting potential joint venture partners.
4. Social Groups - it might be a yoga class, sewing class, meditation group, knitting class, hiking group, mother and toddler group, book club, etc.
5. Workshops/Seminars/Free talks - be sure to set a clear intention before the event that you want to speak to ideal clients. Make an invitation during the talk or at the end for people to sign up for a free session.
6. Your Email List - make a genuine invitation for your community to come in and have a free session with you. Remember it's where you are coming from that counts - people feel that, so if you are not coming from a place of service and just from "I want clients", you are unlikely to get a response from those you would love to work with.
7. Social Media - you have lots of friends and contacts on social media - reach out to them and invite them into a conversation. If you don't feel you know them well enough yet, then that's the perfect signal for you to start nurturing relationships.
8. Online Discussion Groups and Forums - Find out where your ideal clients hang out online. Do not go in with the intent to get clients. Go in with the intent to genuinely be helpful. Ask questions and answer questions and when and if the time feels right, invite them to pick up your free gift and/or for a free session.
9. Your Peers - If you ignore this one, you are missing out on LOTS of ideal clients. Think about it, you need help from time to time, or even ongoing help in certain areas of your life, so don't you think your peers do too? Listen deeply to their concerns/problems/dreams and come up with a solution and make an offer for a free session. It may lead to them being a referral partner or partner, but you won't know unless you ask.
10. Teleseminars - Give your ideal clients a solution to a nagging problem and show your expertise, then invite them into a free session. Win-win-win!
Whatever you choose to do, please remember to be of service because that is what is client attractive. If you come from a place of genuinely wanting to serve and be of help to the person in front of you, that's what they will remember you for and serve you too. As I always say, look for the win-win-win, and this strategy is certainly that!
Sheela Masand was a co-founder and working partner of a multi million Euro business for over 12 years. Having worked through the struggle of how to find clients and make money in her own business, she now specializes in helping other heart-centred service professionals to do just that, all in a very authentic, non sales-y way.
Sheela can help you to attract more clients and make more money in a fun and authentic way. Visit http://www.sheelamasand.com to pick up a special free gift "Top 3 Secrets to Attracting Clients without Spending a Cent".